How to Enroll in Medicare
Now that you know about the various Medicare parts and enrollment periods, it's time to think about what you'll need to enroll in a Medicare plan.
Prepare to Enroll:
Before starting the enrollment process, take a moment to ensure you have all the required information and materials:
- You’ll need your Medicare card and number ready
- A list of your prescription drugs
- A list of any doctors or providers you want to ensure are in-network under your new coverage.
Whether you’re new to Medicare, looking to make a change or just want to know your options, HelloMedicare can help.
For answers to commonly asked questions about Medicare and enrollment, simply hover over “Learn About Medicare” and select Medicare 101.
“When to Enroll” includes details on Medicare eligibility and enrollment periods.
To view and compare specific plans and benefits, visit “Shop Medicare Plans.”
Enter your primary zip code to narrow plans to those available in your area, then scroll down to review and compare plans
As you compare plans, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Plans have different benefits and coverage: Review each plan’s co-pays, premiums and more by clicking “View Plan Details.”
- Consider additional services offered: Carriers and plans vary on dental, vision, hearing and special services like pest control, service animals and transportation benefits.
- Prescription drug coverage: Medicare Advantage plans maximize your drug benefits at a similar cost to you. Check your specific prescriptions for coverage under each plan by clicking “Your Drugs.”
Now that you’ve learned about Medicare, compared your option, and found a plan that fits your budget and lifestyle, you’re ready to enroll. To learn about the enrollment process click here to watch our video or continue reading below.
Start by selecting “Enroll in this Plan.” You will be routed to the specific carrier’s enrollment form. Each carrier’s enrollment process is unique, so make sure you complete the entire form...
Your enrollment will not be submitted until you click “Submit Enrollment”.
After completing the online enrollment form, you will receive a confirmation email that your enrollment was successfully submitted. This email should arrive within a few minutes of submitting your enrollment.
However, this email is not a confirmation of coverage. Within 10 days of submitting your enrollment, you should receive a second communication from the plan carrier.
If there are any questions on your enrollment or if additional information is needed, the carrier will contact you directly.
That’s it! With a few clicks, you’ve learned, compared and enrolled in a Medicare plan that supports your lifestyle and your budget.
If you still have questions or need some help at any step of the process, give us a call. Our HelloMedicare licensed insurance agents are here to make things easy and help guide you to a plan that meets your needs.
There are four basic parts of Medicare: A, B, C and D. Find out which parts are right for your health needs.
Medicare Costs Defined
Coinsurance, copays, premiums and more. Find out what those key terms mean, and how Medicare Advantage costs are shared.
When to Enroll
Make sure your coverage is seamless and avoid any possible late fees by enrolling or switching plans at the right time. We’ve got the info you need.